Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Please Forgive me!

Well, it's been almost an entire year since I last posted something. I am a little embarrassed by that except that I would like to think that I earned my skip pass by surviving my first year teaching overseas.  It was a huge transition for our family, but a life changing decision that we celebrate most days.  It was an emotional roller coaster to say the least, but I can now stand somewhat boldly on the sidelines and cheer for the next set of newbies embarking their first year here in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I really poured all of my efforts, strength and energy into getting myself and my family settled as well as working like I never have before to prove to myself I deserved to be here.  With that said, there was little time to do anything else. However, we were very fortunate to get some amazing traveling in. You can read our about our family's journey HERE. This is certainly something we will continue to do because that is the beauty of living overseas (especially in Southeast Asia!).

In an effort to find myself again and pursue the things that I love, I am trying a (S.O.S. also known as a summer of self) focusing on creating, being artistic, crafty and spending time with my boys. So, on to my first post after a very long respite and by the way please don't laugh at the simplicity of this project.  I am just dipping my toes in gently to muster up any creativity that is left within me. I have faith that the more I pour into revitalizing myself, the more the artist within will choose to shine.

If you have a young child you will appreciate this project. This was an attempt at finding things around the house, just to keep a two year entertained for as long as possible. I call this quick project Expedition Essentials. Here is a sneak peak at my little explorer! You can find the tutorial here.



No comments:

Post a Comment